Offsite Backup is exactly what it sounds like; having your data backed up to a remote location. While QCS Group's Offsite Backup solutions ensure that you that your data is safe in the event of a fire or burglary, there are other aspects of having an offsite backup to consider as well which we have broken down into two sections below.
Please click on the + button to view them.
The risks of having an onsite backup.
- Having an offsite backup means that you don't have to manually change that tape drive at the end of the day.
- Manually changing backup tapes can fail due to human error. Imagine losing hours and even weeks' worth of work just because the wrong drive was used or something went wrong with the backup because of human error.
- Unless your drives are stored and rotated correctly, trying to find the correct backup drive when you're attempting to recover certain data can take up precious time.
- Even properly stored backup drives are susceptible to wear and tear. Eventually, that tape drive could fail, dealing your business a crippling blow!
Advantages of having an offsite backup.
- Information can be stored from regional offices into a centralised and secure location.
- Our data centre is equipped with a 24 hour security and state of the art disaster prevention systems.
- Never again will you have to worry about using obsolete equipment for your backups. As a professional IT Company, we use nothing but the latest equipment in our Data Centre, backed by our skilled, certified and dedicated team of technicians.
- Access your backups from anywhere you are. Need last month's report but you're not in the office? Simple! Just log into our secure web based portal to access your data from anywhere around the world!
- If the worst ever happens, and you ever need to recover your entire backup quickly, we have a courier service that will deliver your backup to you on that same day if you're located in metropolitan Brisbane.
Call us now and ask us for a quote!